Mayflower 400. 1620 - 2020.
Update - May 7th - 2021.
Covid Virus - Please note:
For the updated Mayflower 400 program for 2021 - please see below -:
Standish Hall - Standish - Lancashire - England.
The Mystery of Standish Hall - Click Here.
Links to each lecture will be posted on our website (click) as they become available.
Haplogroup I dates from 23,000 years ago,or older.
Haplogroup I represents one of the first peoples in Europe.
The I - 253 lineage has its roots in northern France (Normandy)
Today it is found most frequentley within Viking / Scandinavian populations in Northwest Europe and has since spread down into Central and Eastern Europe, where it is found at low frequencies.
The English Archives record that the Standish family are of Norman French descent.
Thus a I -FT276480 / 277480 DNA range (Plus or Minus) confirms that the House of Standish is as the documented records indicate descended from a French Connection.
Link to the Family History of Father Benjamin standish OSB
Search for your ancestor—but please note that accessing images and transcripts will require you to become a member.
Now you can search for your ancestor in the world's largest database of Mayflower lineages—only on AmericanAncestors.org. This new database—called the General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920—is available to anyone with an American Ancestors membership, Individual level or above.
It includes all applications and supplemental applications to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants starting from their founding in 1897 and including only applicants who were born before January 1, 1920.
November 11, 2020 (Boston, Massachusetts)— It is estimated that there are more than 35 million living descendants of the Pilgrims around the world. Proving family connections to this group used to be a daunting task, but no longer. American Ancestors and its partners—the General Society Mayflower Descendants (GSMD) and FamilySearch International—have introduced an online resource that makes the question “Am I descended from a Pilgrim?” easier to answer than ever before, a timely offering in this 400th anniversary year of the Mayflower's arrival in America.
Today, American Ancestors / New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) announced the release of a new online database on its website at
that contains authenticatedlineages of passengers on the Mayflower who left descendants. These family histories are compiled from names and dates of approved membership applications to the Mayflower Society (GSMD). The earliest application dates to 1895. The searchable database is available to members of American Ancestors|NEHGS, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting family history. In coming weeks, the database will be available to all active members of the Mayflower Society.
Descendants of famous Pilgrims such as William Bradford, John and Priscilla Alden, and others, can now easily search for and find family histories spanning as many as 13 generations,” said Brenton Simons, President and CEO of American Ancestors|NEHGS. “It’s a huge step forward for Mayflower family historians, and a useful research tool for anyone interested in family history and genealogy.”
According to Don LeClair, Associate Director, Database Search & Systems at American Ancestors, “Linking your name to someone on a tree in this database may more quickly identify a Mayflower line, and aid in your application process to the Mayflower Society.” American Ancestors assists hundreds of its members each year with making a formal application to the Mayflower Society for membership.
In addition to the searchable database of more than 4.5 million names, family trees—built on the application known as American AncesTREES, a proprietary program of American Ancestors—will display valuable information for any individual interested in researching a possible ancestral connection to a passenger on the Mayflower. A complete tree has been created of the 24 Mayflower Pilgrim families who are known to have left descendants, a complete tree has been created. Where previous online Mayflower databases offered information on generations one through five of a Pilgrim, this new database now expands the online resource to include up to the 11th, 12th, or possibly the 13th generation descending from a Pilgrim family—through the year 1919. Due to privacy restrictions, no name or data has been included of any individual on a GSMD membership application who was born after December 31, 1919.
“The General Society of Mayflower Descendants is honored to once again partner with NEHGS,” said Jane Hurt, Governor General of GSMD. “As the custodian of family lines going back fifteen generations or more from founding families in America, being able to share our information with American Ancestors will help us identify additional descendants, find undiscovered lines, and welcome new members to our society.”
Church of St Laurence and Chorley Heritage - Podcast.
Click to view
To download (click) below -
Church of St Laurence and Chorley Heritage - Podcast
A Special Church Service was recorded in November 2020 at the Church of St Laurence to celebrate Mayflower 400.
Due to strict Covid 19 restrictions public participation in the service was strictly limited.
Two Branches of the Standish Family (from Chorley/Duxbury) have been buried in the vaults of this Church from the year 1550.
The service will be available on this site from November 15th 2020.
Click the above link to view.
Click the above link to Download.
Records show that a Church has stood on the site of the current Church of St Laurence since the year 1300.
The Church structure and size indicates that it was at the centre of a local rural community.
A wooden Church built on this site by the local Saxon community (who had settled in the area) was the first Church in Chorley.
Myles Standish Monument State Reservation is a state-owned historic preserve
and public recreation area in Duxbury, Massachusetts, USA
The focus of the state park is a 116-foot granite shaft topped
by a statue of Captain Myles Standish.
Captain Myles Standish was military leader of Plymouth Colony.
Visit ka1jbe - USA Video Pods.
Online Programme with TV Presenter and Historian Dan Snow
DUXBURY MANOR IN THE SNOW 1996..
An old resident born on the Manor of Duxbury Lancashire whose long life came to an end in August 2020 through complications from the Covid Virus took this amateur film of Duxbury Manor in the Snow on the 27th of January 1996.
He was in his working life a Headmaster providing education to many generations of children.
Both he and his wife were accomplished amateur musicians and singers.
One of their favourite songs, which their friends and fans always wanted to hear them sing, accompanies the video.
R.I.P – Webmaster.
August 10, 2020.
CBSN BostonWatch Now
August 10, 2020 at 5:44 pm
Mayflower II, Plimoth Plantation's fully restored 64-year-old reproduction of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to the shores of historic Patuxet in 1620, has begun her voyage home to Massachusetts! On August 10, Mayflower will depart Mass Maritime under tow at approximately 9:00 a.m. and make her way through the Cape Cod Canal. There are several vantage points along the ship’s route down the canal. Once she is through the Cape Cod Canal, Captain Perry may set sail if weather conditions permit. The ship will be towed at times. As time and weather allow the ship will sail off the Gurnet at approximately 1:00 p.m. Following any sailing that may take place, Mayflower will make her way into Plymouth Harbor under tow, arriving to the State Pier at DCR’s Pilgrim Memorial State Park at approximately 3:00 p.m. Spectators at all points along the ship’s route and on the Plymouth waterfront are asked to be mindful of local regulations and to practice physical distancing and mask-wearing for the safety of others. Please follow Plimoth Plantation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for images and video throughout the day, including live video when possible. In the days following the ship’s arrival, we will post videos and photo galleries to enjoy. THANK YOU to Mayflower’s homecoming journey lead sponsor Tech-Etch, as well as major supporters Coca-Cola, Mayflower Brewing Company, Howland Capital Management, Pathstone, RSM, ADT, Harbourtown Plymouth, Rogers & Gray, Cigna, G&G Silkscreen and Embroidery, and Tiny & Sons; as well as friends Brabo Insurance, Cape Auto, Fawcett Energy, Guided Living, Rockland Trust Bank, The Pinehills and The Wilkinson Companies. We're grateful to media sponsors NBC10 Boston, Telemundo Boston, NECN Boston, 95.9 WATD and Yankee Publishing. All times are approximate and subject to change based on weather, tide, wind and other factors that may impact the safety of the ship and the crew.
MAYFLOWER II Launch September 7, 2019
Mystic Seaport Museum and Plimoth Plantation proudly launched MAYFLOWER II on September 7, 2019. This is the first time the ship has been afloat in nearly 3 years after a comprehensive restoration in the Mystic Museum’s Henry B. duPont Preservation Shipyard. MAYFLOWER II will remain in Mystic until next spring when she will head to Boston May 14-19, 2020, for Mayflower Sails 2020, a free maritime festival at the Charlestown Navy Yard (details at www.mayflowersails2020.com), followed by her long-awaited homecoming to Plymouth, Massachusetts on May 21, 2020.
Lost parts of Standish Hall found in America
By Jim Meehan
When Henry Standish died in 1920 he had no heirs. He was the last Lord of the Manor. The estate was put up for sale and Standish Hall partly demolished. The once beautiful Manor House on the slopes of the Douglas Valley had the Tudor wing and chapel pulled down and the remains of the house made into two smaller homes. They were demolished in the 1980s when the Coal Board took ownership of the land.
For nearly one hundred years people have been trying to solve the mystery of what happened to the parts that were removed in the 1920s. Stories grew in later years that the chapel and Tudor wing had been rebuilt in America. Were these true or was it the valuable interiors that had been shipped across the Atlantic to be reassembled? Now four ancient rooms from the Hall have been tracked down. Three have been found in America and one in England.
The Standish name has a prominent part in American history. Myles Standish was the military adviser onboard the Mayflower. He became an important member of the Plymouth Colony who were credited with founding modern America. Although his origins remain unclear there was great interest in anything with a Standish connection when the estate went up for sale.
The Daily Mail reported in 1922 that fireplaces and oak panelling from the Hall had been sold to Robersons of Knightsbridge. They were dealers who specialised in selling manor house interiors to wealthy clients. But where did the rooms go from there?
One man who spent years trying to track down parts of Standish Hall was Norman Standish. An American directly descended from Myles. In 1987 he gave a talk at the Standish Festival. He told of how, after years of searching, he got a call to say a wealthy couple living in Detroit had a wood panelled room from Standish Hall in their home. He travelled to Detroit and persuaded the couple to let him see the room. He opened the door to find a beautiful walnut panelled room. His heart sank. He knew the rooms from Standish Hall were oak. He may have been closer than he knew.
In the 1920s Robersons set up an exhibition hall in Knightsbridge where they reconstructed oak panelled rooms for potential buyers to view. The most ornate and valuable rooms from Standish were sold as the "James I Room" and the "State Bedroom". They were described as the finest examples of Jacobean and Elizabethan carved oak rooms ever seen. In the Hall they had been the "Old Drawing Room" and the "Study". The other two rooms for sale were the "Oak Library" and the "Dining Room".
There was an article in the New York Herald in 1922 describing how rooms from Standish Hall could soon be brought to America. It said the rooms were "unchanged in any detail and utterly unaltered since Myles Standish was born in the Large Bedroom".
The Elizabethan "State Bedroom" in the Hall Standish Hall.
The Elizabethan "State Bedroom" In Robersons' showroom.
The Drawing Room and Study were originally from Borwick Hall near Carnforth. They were moved to Standish following the marriage of William Standish to Cecilia Bindloss the heiress of Borwick Hall. They were probably moved to Standish when William inherited the manor in 1682.
So, who would have the wealth to buy these rooms with a unique place in history? The Old Drawing Room (James I Room) and the Study (State Bedroom) were bought by one of the wealthiest and best-known men in America, William Randolph Hearst.
Hearst had amassed huge personal wealth as a media magnate. He was one of the richest and most powerful men in America and a prolific collector. Many acquisitions were stored away, others were used to furnish the castle he was building in California known as San Simeon. His life was controversially depicted by Orson Wells in the Oscar winning movie Citizen Kane.
The rooms were shipped to his four-storey warehouse in the Bronx, New York. A few years later the great depression of the 1930s put an end to Robersons' trade. They closed their show rooms and a fire destroyed their sales records. Even Hearst faced bankruptcy. He was forced to sell many of his treasures, but was able to keep some, whilst others were placed in the hands of the Hearst Foundation.
The two rooms next appear in the catalogue for the "Hearst Sale" of 1940/41. To his humiliation his close rival in the art world, Armand Hammer, took ownership of much of his collection and organised a huge sale using the two-acre fifth floor of Gimbels Department store in New York. Hammer was the Chairman of Occidental Oil and like Hearst used his wealth to acquire art.
The timing of the sale was unfortunate. World War 2 was escalating and there was low interest in the sale. The Study(State Bedroom)did not sell and became the property of the Hearst Foundation. It next appears when it is donated by the Foundation to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) in 1958. It remains there in storage to this day. It was valued at $27,500 in 1958 which would equate to around a quarter of a million dollars in 2019.The Old Drawing Room however did attract a buyer in 1941.
Anton (Tony) Hulman was from a wealthy family in Terre Haute, Indiana. They made their wealth in the wholesale grocery trade. Tony was building a lakeside lodge in Terre Haute, and bought the room as the main feature. He became a household name in the USA when he restored the Indianapolis Racing Circuit after WW2 and revived the famous Indianapolis 500. He was a modest man but became known for starting the race each year with the iconic words "gentlemen start your engines". He installed the room in "Lingen Lodge" named after the town in Germany where his grandfather was born.
Tony was pictured in front of the fireplace with his wife Mary in a local newspaper article in 1977. He sadly died a few months later. Mary continued Tony's philanthropic work supporting the arts, education, and sport in the city and surrounding area.
They were benefactors of the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in the city. The lodge and surrounding parkland remained in the family until it was sold to the Institute in 2017. The lodge is used as a resource for the college and to host conferences and meetings. The Old Drawing Room is still intact and well cared for. It is known as the "Myles Standish Room" and the college president has taken a keen interest in its history. He has kindly supplied photographs which provide stunning detail of the 400-year-old carved woodwork.
Jacobean Chimneypiece from the "Old Drawing Room" (now known
as the Myles Standish room)
in The Hulman Lodge, Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
The Oak Library was sold by Robersons in 1922 to Ralph Harman Booth of Detroit, Michigan who was building a house at Grosse Pointe. Like Hearst he was a publisher but also had interests in banking. The house has changed hands over the years but is still known as the Ralph Harman Booth House. When up for sale in 2019 the description of the interior included the following: "Amongst many of the superb architectural details is the libraries' fireplace, and walnut panelling from Standish Hall". However, we know the Library from Standish Hall was oak.
This must be the same room Norman Standish described visiting in 1987. There is a photograph of Ralph's widow, Mary, standing in a room in the 1940s, which appears to match the Standish Hall Library. The fireplace sold by Robersons with the room had the distinctive arms of Ralph and Mary Standish carved into the stone hearth. So, any sight of the room should be conclusive. Robersons fitted out several rooms on two floors of the house so it is possible the oak library panelling has been used elsewhere in the house.
Ralph Booth was a lifetime patron of the arts. He founded the Detroit Arts Commission and later the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA). He donated much of his personal collection to the DIA and the National Gallery in Washington. He died in Europe in 1931 while serving as the US envoy to Denmark. Mary continued to live at Grosse Pointe where she died in 1951.
The Ralph Harmon Booth House
Mary Booth in the "Oak Library"
So, by an incredible coincidence two rooms from Standish ended up in Detroit less than ten miles apart. One donated to the DIA by the Hearst Foundation and the other in a house built by one of the DIA's major benefactors.
The "Dining Room" was bought in 1924 by Tryphena Gunn Mitchell. She was an American living in England. She had met and married William Nelson Mitchell following a family visit to Bristol. He was a senior executive with the Imperial Tobacco Co. They bought Halsway Manor in Somerset in the early 1920s and Tryphena was sympathetically refitting the interior. She was obviously keen to have it as she had to raise the ceiling and floor above so that it could be installed.
Halsway remained the family home until William died in 1936 when Tryphena moved to a smaller house in Bath. Her only son was killed during WW2 and she later returned to her family in Indiana USA. She died in California in 1971 aged 94. She was reunited with her husband when her ashes were buried alongside him in the local church near Halsway Manor.
The Manor changed hands a number of times before it was sold to become the National Centre for Folk Arts. Since then it has provided a residential setting for practicing and promoting folk arts. The Dining Room from Standish remains intact and is often filled with people of all ages practicing and performing music and folk art.
Young musicians using the "Dining Room" in Halsway Manor, Somerset.
So, we have found all four rooms from Standish Hall. Does this solve the mystery? Was it the dismantling and removal of the rooms and their reassembly in America that created the belief that the Hall had been rebuilt in the States? I have not found any contemporary reports of the Tudor wing and Chapel being taken to America, and no trace of the Hall's exterior has ever been found there. Perhaps the story helped soften the blow of the precious parts of the Hall being lost, or perhaps like most myths the story grew and evolved in the retelling.
Of the four rooms we know two are linked to Detroit and the Institute of Arts, but the other two rooms also retain a link. They are both connected to Terre Haute in Indiana. The Old Drawing Room was bought by one of its most famous sons, Tony Hulman. When he died in 1977 his widow Mary Fendrich Hulman took over his position and continued as a benefactor to the city. She grew up in Terre Haute and attended Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and became a long-term patron. The Dining room that is now in Halsway Manor was bought by Tryphena Gunn Mitchell. She was born and brought up in Indiana and incredibly also attended Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. She maintained contact with the college and contributed to it all her life. Over 20 years separated their time there, but I cannot help wondering if they ever met, or if they knew they both owned precious rooms that were part of Standish Hall centuries earlier
The Tudor Hall and Chapel being demolished in 1923. The valuable wood panelled rooms had been removed.
Editor - Bill Aldridge
Mayflower Virtual Voyages –
Dorking and the story of the Mullins Alden Family
The weekend of Saturday 18 July, Mayflower 400 is releasing the next film in the Mayflower Virtual Voyages digital series, which explores the locations involved in the story of the Mayflower’s voyage.
This Saturday’s film will explore 17th century Dorking, the picturesque Surrey town once home to the shoemaker William Mullins and his family. The tour involves a visit to the original home of the Mullins family - the only surviving home of a Mayflower passenger in England.
Six people from Dorking travelled on the Mayflower headed by businessman William - who brought with him 250 shoes and 13 pairs of boots.
His teenage daughter Priscilla was also on board, and her later marriage to the ship’s Cooper John Alden - despite the overtures of soldier Myles Standish - and their children mean millions of Americans can trace their lineage to this family and pretty English town.
The film will also visit Chorley in Lancashire - home to Myles Standish who was also a passenger on board.
This short film will play on the Mayflower 400 UK website and Facebook page at 5pm UK time and midday EST on Saturday 18 July 2020.
Watch via Facebook and the website and click here to discover other films in the Mayflower 400 digital series.
Other films available are:
· Virtual Voyages: Leiden
· Virtual Voyages: Boston
· My Mayflower: The Mayflower II
· My Mayflower: (Recorded) Live Q&A with Jo Loosemore and Dr Kathryn Gray
· My Mayflower: The Making of the Pilgrim Woman
· The Making of the Wampum Belt
· We Are Still Here
· The Man Who Built The Mayflower II - the story of Warwick Charlton
· Virtual Voyages: Plymouth
The Final Resting Place of the Mayflower Ship that transported the Pilgrims to America.
can be found in -:
The Village of Jordans, Buckinghamshire England
It was common practice many years ago, in England, to use unseaworthy ships’ timber to build new things.
Dutch Elm disease had killed many of the trees in 17th century Great Britain and lumber was very scarce.
To preserve the number of oak trees from being cut for lumber, wood was priced quite high by the government.
That made any available timber, such as that in old ships, very desirable.
In the early 1900s, a Quaker Historian , named Rendel Harris, found a document stating that the Mayflower had been determined to be unseaworthy.
The year was 1624.
The ship’s owners then sold the oak ship for its timber to make some money.
On the edge of the Chiltern hills in the South Buckinghamshire countryside in the small village of Jordans you will find the Mayflower Barn standing in a farm that dates back to the late Middle Ages. Its history begins in 1618 when Thomas Russell bought it. Part of the present farmhouse was already there and Thomas Russell added to it in 1624, when he built a substantial new barn with timbers from a ship, thought to be the Mayflower.
While attending a funeral at the Quaker Meeting House in Jordans, England, Harris heard someone say the barn had been built from wood of the Mayflower. That got Harris hunting through documents such as wills and deeds to try and find out whether this was true.
In the 1920s historian J. Rendel Harris concluded that the barn had been built with timbers from a ship called the "Mayflower" bought from a shipbreaker's yard in Rotherhithe for £50 (equivalent to £5,800 today) and that this was the Mayflower which carried the 102 Pilgrim Fathers from Plymouth to New England
The age of the barn’s timber dates back to the time of the Mayflower.
If you go to the barn, you will notice that the main beam in the barn has a huge crack in it, just like the Mayflower got on its maiden voyage during a bad storm.
The size and weight of the hull used in the
barn’s construction matches that of the Mayflower and at one time, the letters
ER HAR were evident, perhaps, referring to “Mayflower, Harwich, the ship’s home
One thing is certain, if you tilt your head upside down, you can see that a hull of an old ship was used to build the roof of the barn
The Mayflower Barn in the video above told by Paul Harvey.
Click here to view video.
Press Reports of the Mayflower Barn.
Jordans village is a centre for Quakerism.
The village is also the burial place of William Penn, founder of the Province of Pennsylvania.
The Province of Pennsylvania (also known as the Pennsylvania Colony) was founded by William Penn on March 4, 1681 as dictated in a royal charter granted by King Charles II.
The name Pennsylvania, which translates roughly as "Penn's Woods", was created by combining the Penn surname (in honor of William's father, Admiral Sir William Penn) with the Latin word sylvania, meaning "forest land".
The grave of William Penn is just a short distance from the Mayflower Barn.
Land is Sacred: Stand With the Mashpee WampanoagTribe Online Petition.
The Chorley Heritage Group, of Chorley in Lancashire, the United Kingdom supports the campaign in the USA to secure the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe’s Reservation.
The Heritage Group, along with other local historical groups, Chorley Parish Church and Chorley Council has planned a number of significant events to commemorate Myles Standish’s links with this area, and his role in the Pilgrims’ voyage and their settlement in America.
Branches of the Standish family lived at Duxbury, Chorley and in surrounding areas. Members of the family both worshipped at Chorley Parish Church of St. Laurence, and held a crypt under the altar where Standish burials remain.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Lea Filson, 504-492-5330, email@example.com
George Garmany, 720-470-2608, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayflower Descendants Join Wampanoag Descendants to Ask Support from Congress for Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal Land
Society will send formal letter of support to legislators asking them to vote in favor of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Reservation Reaffirmation Act.
Plymouth, MA (December 12, 2018) – Past partners that helped found America are joining hands to aid one another, just as they did in 1620. Today, the 30,000 strong Mayflower Society is reaching out to extend support to the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe in its quest to pass the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Reservation Reaffirmation Act, now pending in Congress.
“The General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD) is made up of lineal descendants of the Mayflower Pilgrims. The Mashpee Wampanoag Nation is made up of lineal descendants of the Wampanoag Tribe. In 1621, our ancestors together signed a 54-year peace agreement that allowed both to survive and protect one another,” said GSMD Governor General George P. Garmany. “In light of the fact that this agreement between Europeans and Native Americans is the only example of cooperation in what was followed by a sad chapter in American history, and in light of the fact that our ancestors collectively chose to live in peace for 54 years, the General Society of Mayflower Descendants fully supports today’s Mashpee Wampanoag tribe and joins in support of legislation known as the Mashpee Wampanoag Reservation Reaffirmation Act.”
The Mayflower Society voted on December 8, 2018 to contact legislators and urge them to preserve the Tribe’s reservation land in Mashpee and Taunton, which today makes up only a fraction of its original reservation.
During the Pilgrims first winter, the Wampanoag Tribe kept the Pilgrims alive by teaching them how to plant crops. Without the support of the Wampanoag people, the descendants of the Pilgrims would not be here today, which includes some ten million Americans. When the Mayflower Pilgrims landed in what would become America, the Pilgrims and Wampanoags brokered a peace agreement that called for protecting one another. The peace agreement was faithfully kept by both sides for 54 years.
“This is a truly historic moment in which descendants of the Mayflower Pilgrims stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us as descendants of the Wampanoag people who broke bread and brokered a long-lasting peace with their ancestors,” said Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal Council Chairman Cedric Cromwell.
The Mayflower Society has drafted a letter of formal support that has been sent to members of Congress urging the bill’s passage.
The Mayflower Pilgrims were separatists from England that sailed to America in 1620, bringing with them religious and civil liberty that became the basis of American democracy. They signed the Mayflower Compact before coming ashore, which later influenced the U.S. Constitution.
About the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD)
Founded in 1897, The Mayflower Society, or General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD), is a 501©(3) non-profit organization with national headquarters in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Membership requires proof of lineage from one of the passengers who traveled to America on the Mayflower in 1620. Its mission is to educate the public about the Mayflower Pilgrims and their impact on Western civilization and to uphold the highest standards of genealogy research in verifying the lineage of the Pilgrims. The society operates a genealogy research library at its Plymouth headquarters and publishes the Mayflower Families Through Generations, also known as the “Silver Books” because of the distinctive covers. Connect with us: www.theMayflowerSociety.org Instagram.com/themayflowersociety twitter.com/gsmd Facebook.com/GSMD
About the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe:
The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, also known as the People of the First Light, has inhabited present day Massachusetts for more than 12,000 years. After an arduous process lasting more than three decades, the Mashpee Wampanoag were re-acknowledged as a federally recognized tribe in 2007. In 2015, the federal government declared 150 acres of land in Mashpee and 170 acres of land in Taunton as the Tribe’s initial reservation, on which the Tribe can exercise its full tribal sovereignty rights. The Mashpee tribe currently has approximately 2,700 enrolled citizens.
Myles Standish Book - 2020 Mayflower Edition.
To Download your Copy - Click this bar.
Join our Celebration of the "Standish Family" between 5pm and 10pm Saturday November 23 rd - 2019
Chorley Christmas Lights Switch-On 2019.
The event is set to take place on Sunday, November 24, 2019, with the show starting at 2.30pm and the big switch-on taking place at 5pm.
As always the festive spectacular is free.
Who is switching on the Chorley Christmas lights?
CAPTAIN MYLES STANDISH.
National Mayflower 400 anniversary - photographs from Chorley’s opening night November 9th 2019.
Chorley’s Town Crier and Councillor Hasina Khan Mayor of Chorley open the Mayflower 400 year.
Councillor Hasina Khan Mayor of Chorley.
CAPTAIN MYLES STANDISH who was visiting family in Lancashire arrived at the Church of St Laurence to address the people of Chorley who had gathered to greet him.
Please click on the above link to enter the UK National Mayflower 400 program.
Chorley Soldier - Captain Myles Standish.
Chorley Borough Council – Visit Chorley Video.
Chorley Historical & Archaeological Society will officially launch the Mayflower 400 Duxbury Manor trails on Saturday September 14th 2019.
Joan Dickinson secretary of the Chorley History and Archaeology Society launches the Mayflower 400 Duxbury Manor Trails supported by -:
Sir Lindsey Hoyle, Member of Parliament for Chorley.
Councillor Alistair Bradley Leader Chorley Borough Council.
Councillor Steve Holgate, Deputy Mayor Chorley Borough Council.
Management from Tesco superstore Chorley who sponsored the Mayflower 400 Duxbury Manor Trails.
Mayflower 400. 1620 - 2020 - UPDATE at - 01/10/2019.
Myles Standish one of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America
The Standish Monument - United States of America.
Download - Myles Standish Monument 1871. - PDF File
In My Footsteps: New England - Myles Standish Monument by Christopher Setterlund .
Check out Christopher Setterlund's Excellent Videos - Click Here.
Ed Fisher 1946 – 2012
A tribute to Ed Fisher - Chairman of St. Laurence History Society.
Ed worked tirelessly to uncover and review the papers and deeds of the Standish family.
It was a privilege and pleasure for all members of St. Laurence History Society to work alongside Ed on the Myles Standish project.
Photographs from the private files of Ed Fisher.
Myles Standish Festival March 2005.
LINK - Friday March 4th 2005 - Play - "The Courtship of Myles Standish".
LINK - Saturday March 5th 2005 - "Open Day on the Manor of Duxbury".
Link - Sunday March 6th 2005 - "Thanksgiving Service" at the Parish Church of St. Laurence.
LINK - A Visit to Duxbury Massachusetts USA - 20/08/2007.
new e-mail address from May 2018.
1. The Reverend Dr. John Cree Rector of Chorley .
The History of the Parish Church - The Heraldry of the Standish Family of Duxbury.
2. The research of St. Laurence Historical Society.
3. The Research of Helen Moorwood.
4. Myles Standish Book List.
Dowloads - Books from the Myles Standish Book List.
Download - The Standishes of America. - PDF File
Download - Homes and Haunts of the Pilgrim Fathers. - PDF File
Download - Historic Duxbury. - PDF File
5. A Calender of Standish Family Deeds by Helen Moorwood.
Papers of the Standish family of the Pele Tower and Hall - Duxbury Manor 1300 to 1670.
6. Queen Elizabeth 1 - Myles Standish and The Standish Families of the Pele Tower and The Burgh - upon the Manor of Duxbury Lancashire England .
6a. The Standish Family of the Pele Tower 1303 to 1647.
$$$. The Billion-Dollar Question.
Should it be (a) the Myles de Standish Monument or (b) the Myles de Haydock Monument?
Was Myles Standish (in common with his Irish and Canadian cousins) the great grandson of James Standish Esquire Lord of the Manor of Duxbury the second or younger brother from the house of Standish and thus Myles would be the great great grandson of Sir Alexander Standish Lord of the Manor of Standish 1468 – 1507?
6b. The Standish Family of the Pele Tower 1647 to 1812.
The English Civil War and the new order.
1647. Colonel Richard Standish.
1768. Sir FRANK STANDISH
6c. The Standish Family of the Burgh on the Manor of Duxbury Lancashire England 1490 to 1771.
if Myles were the son of Alexander Standish who in turn was the son of Alexander Standish and his wife Eleanor Stanley the great grandfather of Myles would be Thurston Standish of the Burgh upon Duxbury Manor the second son of Sir Alexander Standish lord of the manor of Standish - 1468 to 1507.
Was this the Birth place of Myles Standish ?
The Owl and Rat.
6d. The Pilkington & Nightingale Families on the Manor of Duxbury Lancashire England.
The Pilkington sisters with the Christian names Rosa and Barbarie.
Was Myles Standish Educated at the James Pilkington Grammar School?
6e. The Hall & Carr Families of the Manor of Duxbury Lancashire England 1812 to 1898.
1812.The alleged Hand of Fraud?
The unloved Lord of the Manor of Duxbury.
The Manor of Duxbury and the French King Louis Philippe 1773 - 1850.
Château de Chantilly and library the home of the Duxbury Manor book collection.
.6f. The Mayhew Family of England & The Mason Family of Ireland 1898 to 2008.
1898. Walter Mayhew - lord of the manor of Duxbury 1898 - 1931. Mr. Walter Mayhew was descended from a brother of Thomas Mayhew the colonial governor in 1641 of Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and the Elizabeth Islands in the United States of America
1891- 1898.The Sale of the Manor of Duxbury.
7. Manor of Duxbury - Myles Standish - Deowuc the Saxon - Deowuc's Burgh - Knights of St. John.
7b. Duxbury Maypole.
7c. Pele Tower.
7d. Farnworth House.
7e. Duxbury Hall.
7f. Lower Burgh
7g. Higher Burgh
7h. Anglezark House
7i. Duxbury Manor House
8.The Parish Register of the Church of St. Laurence - "Wilfully Eroded" said Mr Bromley of the USA in 1847.
9. The Irish Branch of the Standish Family of Duxbury Lancashire - 1540 Christopher Standish to 2008 Standish Mason of Dublin.
10. The Family Tree of Father Benjamin Standish (order of St. Benedict) descendants of the Standish Family of Duxbury.
11. The Research of the Reverend Thomas Cruddas Porteus M.A.
12.The Research of the Reverend Bernard Nightingale M.A.
13.Was Myles Standish a Manxman? by Rev. R. Kissack, M.A., B.D.
14. The Evidence of W.H. Barlett. Author of “The Pilgrim Fathers” – 1853.
Download - The Pilgrim Fathers. - PDF File
15. Author G.V.C Young - Myles Standish - First Manx American.
16. Author Lawrence Hill - Gentlemen of Courage ~ Forward. The Divorce/The second Son from the House of Standish/The Isle of Man?
17. The White Family of Chorley - Norfolk and the Mayflower.
18. The House of Standish 1066 - 1921.
19. The deeds and papers of the House of Standish.
20. The Ancient Parish of Standish - St. Wilfrid's Church - the Lords and Manors of the Parish.
20a. St. Wilfrid's Church and The Manors of Standish and Langtree.
20b.The Manor of Duxbury. (Two Parts)
The Manor of Duxbury Part 1.
In 1584 Thurstan Standish of the Burgh upon the Manor of Duxbury and his descendants were the only residents with a STANDISH of STANDISH bloodline and DNA.
The Manor of Duxbury Part 2.
The Burgh and Ellerbeck Lands of the House of Standish of Standish.
Other Residents of the Manor of Duxbury.
20c. The Manors of Chisnall and Coppull. the Haydock family of Coppull and the USA.
20d. The Manor of Worthington.
20e. The Manor of Shevington. the Prescott and White families of Shevington and the USA.
20f. The Manor of Welch Whittle.
20g. The Manor of Anderton. the Anderton and Cunliffe families.
20h. The Manor of Adlington.
20i. The Manor of Heath Charnock.
20j. The Manor of Charnock Richard. The Charnock Family: from the Manor of Charnock Richard to Charnock City India. Job Charnock and the Hindu Princess.
21. The grave of Myles Standish the research of the Reverend E.J. V. Huginn Duxbury USA 1891.
Download - The opening of the grave of Myles Standish 1891. - PDF File
22. The Evidence of Justin Winsor Author of " A History of the Town of Duxbury Massachusetts" 1849.
Download - The Pilgrim town of Duxbury USA 1915. - PDF File
Download - The history of the town of Duxbury USA 1849. - PDF File
Video Clip - The Pilgrim town of Duxbury USA 2011.
23. Sir Rowland Standish Knight and the Holy relic of St. Lawrence.
24. Was Myles Standish born upon the Manor of Chorley and within the Parish of Chorley in the year 1584?
25. The old Parish Church of St. Lawrence Chorley Lancashire England.
A photographic record from the year 1905 by Luke Berry.
The Church of St Laurence Chorley Lancashire UK
Mayflower History. - Caleb Johnson.
The Plymouth Colony - USA.
General Society of Mayflower Descendants .
The Pilgrims and Plymouth Colony in 1620.
The Duxbury Rural and Historical Society USA.
The Town of Duxbury Massachusetts USA.
Chorley Lancashire England.
Chorley Historical and Archaeological Society.
95.9 WATD-FM RADIO Duxbury USA.
RADIO LANCASHIRE England.
Lancashire County Council.
Lancashire Link List - Places to Visit.
Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society.